Fire Damage Restoration
Serving Monterey County and surrounding areas
Fire Damage Repair & Restoration in Monterey
There is hardly anything more shocking than a fire in your home, but an effective emergency response during the first 24-48 hours after a fire is critical to saving as much property as possible. It’s wrong to assume that since the fire is out that the damage has been done. Smoke and soot are very acidic, and they will continue to do damage if they are not neutralized and removed as soon as possible. Also, the efforts used to put out the fire will have added hundreds of gallons of water, which will also continue to damage the structure and your personal possessions.
The Basic Fire Damage Restoration Involves:
- All damaged items and any unsafe components that are not able to be restored are removed from the home.
- To prevent the collection of soot, dust, and other harmful elements, any affected floor coverings are removed.
- All structural parts of the house (framing, subfloor, etc.) are checked for compliance with the safety standards.
- To ensure that no microbial contamination is present, all framing that can be saved is treated with odor counteractants.
- It is critical that the HVAC system is removed or restored, so no harmful airborne particles spread and cause health problems.
Get a Quote
Fire Damage Do’s & Don’ts
WHAT TO DO in case of Fire Emergency
- Stay calm!
- Open all the windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Remove children and pets (especially birds) to a clean, calm and safe environment.
- Be sure your hands are always clean – you don’t want to spread the soot around.
- Close doors in affected areas to slow down the spread of smoke and odor.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer completely if electricity is off. Prop doors open.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over air registers to keep the air out of the HVAC system.
- Call CLEAN-TEC at 831-457-8666 for immediate assistance.
WHAT NOT TO DO in case of Fire Emergency
- Wipe or attempt to wash foreign residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by smoke residues or debris.
- Use exposed food or canned goods that have been exposed to heat.
- Turn on TVs, stereos or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor. Use a trained professional in fabric restoration.
- Walk on carpets and floors unless you put down clean sheets or towels. You don’t want to grind the soot in or carry it to other areas on your feet.
WHAT TO EXPECT from a professional Fire Damage Company
Our technicians will work quickly to stop the damage, remove the smoke odor and to restore your home and personal contents back to their pre-damaged condition by using our state-of-the-art cleaning systems and equipment.